Monday, September 20, 2010

North Face Jackets That Can Be Embroidered

Cricut Cake

Now there is the latest toy cakes soon in Germany now and I've even started to play with. Well the device is not cheap and a bit tricky - but it seems uuuuuuuuuuuunendlich many ways to offer!

My attempts've even recorded by image and I thought that is sure to find one or the other, the results also very interesting. The image quality is not the best but I think you can already see the differences quite well.

There are English-speaking several pages on the subject and even videos, but my first point was: there must be a Rollfondant can be used, which I also can buy in Germany! So I have only used Modellierfondant that I made from Callebaut tragacanth and "White Icing" and flower paste of "Squires Kitchen. Both of you can get from pie stuff.

is highly recommended to use a Pasta machine (if possible engine;)), which can roll out a truly uniform thickness. The results are significantly better.

This adheres the mass on the pad, I have this greased with coconut oil (Palmin Soft or Ceres). Not too much nor too little, otherwise distort the cut parts.

So here come the tests:

number 1: use

I have 2 parts Modellierfondant and 1 part flower paste, rolled out at level 6, not frozen at, velocity (speed): 2 and Pressure (Pressure): 3

speed and pressure I have found it good, the setting in all test so calm.

2:



same mixture as in number 1 and also equal settings.

The result is not bad - but that ought to go even better ....

number 3:

I have again used the same mix, just done the whole for 10 minutes in the freezer! The difference is, I think, clearly visible.

number 4: I

Now I changed the mix: 2 parts paste and flower 1 part Modellierfondant. first again used fresh, not done in the freezer. The Fleur de Lis slightly warped, but much worse was that a bubble was in the crowd! Therefore, it is important with the trowel rauszustreichen all air bubbles when they put the mass on the support !!!!!

number 5:


Again, the mixture 2 parts and 1 part paste flowers Modellierfondant and then 10 minutes in the freezer - I think the result of super! cut by hand certainly, but if you need only to look like the Cricut cuts all in less than 2 minutes is pretty cool.

Conclusion: for parts that I want directly onto the cake, I would take the first mixture so that it can also bite well can. Version 2 is so hard that you letters, can put ornaments etc. self-supporting on the cake.

really is important to the mat really thick: not too little, then does not keep the fondant on the base and too much is moved in cutting the mass. The smoother is also unendbehrlich and the pasta machine I can also place only every fond (but now I use for the loops, bands at the edge of the cake, etc - for that is really everything).

You have to "play" with the Cricut. It is definitely not a device that you take from the box and immediately get perfect results. But if one takes the time, then the possibilities are unbeatable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment