Thursday, May 27, 2010

How Long Do Symptoms Of Cat Allergy

effervescent tablet and waltz music pick


By Simone Sonderegger

A job interview is no easy matter. It is an event that one into a state between nervous anticipation and hopeful anticipation. It might be the right job.

That said, a friend who wrote me in an e-mail. "You, this job is but how to made you. "It was a link to the ad. I read: "arts administrator searched for Travel Agency" and applied. About two weeks later I got a call. Mr. Hämmerli was on the line, who invited me for an interview. He seemed a little confused on the phone, but I did not notice, I finally was happy.

Two days before the interview I received a phone again. He asked me if I could come an hour earlier. Then we would have time to work something else. Now I was confused. Said he has almost a test work? No, he had to do just a little and I could help him. I said the absence of other Alternatives. But the critic in mind have already registered. What the hell, I'll see it. On the day of the interview I put on my pants suit and white blouse and went on my way. Before that I had of course well-researched.


Mr. Hämmerli turned out to be wrinkled, defunct husband, who lived in another such office. The first thing I noticed was the inch-thick layer of dust on the desk and the piles of documents. From a portable radio on the windowsill heard classical music. I sat down. After he had collected himself, he asked me:

"What kind of music?"

"Classical music," I replied.

"This is clear," he said, "but what is it music?"

this time I thought more closely, and hoped that it was the right answer:

"Waltz ...?»

" Have you ever danced waltz? "

" Only in the school, "I replied and asked me if he was looking for a dance teacher or just wants me to run. He placed a quarter of an hour further questions about classical music and opera. Then I ventured to ask a question of his own accord:

"How do you envision a future employee?" On the Outbreak that followed, I was not prepared.

"What are you thinking? You can contact me but not in the middle pause in conversation. You are finally in an interview. You have to admit to it. "

He had definitely sparked my interest. Apparently I had before me a very interesting individual with a pronounced behavioral original touch. The job seemed far less demanding. I might get involved but half the time with the win and turns of the personality of the boss. And even in places like Barcelona or Vienna!


some point he came again to speak of the opera, a subject that he obviously was very important.

"Have you ever been to the opera?"

"Unfortunately no, but I am interested in theater."

"What have you seen?" After brief reflection I thought of the Dürrenmatt play that I had seen in the Roman Theatre of Augusta Raurica.

"I can not go to the theater as often, unfortunately this is also a question of money," I said it.

"No, it is not. If one is interested in theater, going to get there. Then money plays no role. "

I did not want to discuss with him and said only: ". This is your opinion"

"No, that is not an opinion. One can also read about in textbooks. "

This was the discussion done for me. This concentrated impressive logic could not contradict me.


During the conversation suddenly the CD began with classical music to jump to. She remained on the same tone. After a perceived eternity, I began to get used to it already, he turned off the music. Then came the next question, "Do you have sisters"

Somewhat taken aback by the question I answered:

"Yes, an older sister. Why? »

" This is Family. This is family. "After this very informative answer, of course, remained open to any questions. Suddenly he rubbed his hands with both upper arms and asked me: "? Do you find it so cold here," I had not taken off my jacket, was my own personal warmth rather at the upper limit. I said no. He disappeared into the next room came to a while back with a glass of water, which gushed an effervescent tablet.


He was obviously a bit fitter and asked the tough questions.

"What do you know in Europe?"

"Um, how do you mean exactly?"

"Where have you been?"

"Many times in France, Italy. Once or twice in Greece ... "

" Say it in concrete terms. "

" In Concarneau, in Sperlonga ... "

" Barcelona? "

" I was unfortunately never. "

"Paris?"

"A few times I've been there."

In this style, it went on. We jetted verbally through Europe. He led me through the conversation, and I was the principle behind it all clear.

some point we had to separate ways.

The conversation lasted an hour. About the job I do not know more than before the interview. I told him that I wanted to sign me again in the next week with him. What I tried. Unfortunately, I reached him, and laid the case on the file. Six months later, I had already forgotten half the matter, I got a call. If I was still interested in the place. The decision was taken in seconds. For the answer, I took a little longer time for reasons of piety: Yes.

It was obvious that we had different ideas. And suddenly I knew why the interview called that. Because you can not imagine what to expect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment